I've taught English in the South Pacific, Central Asia, and Coastal Connecticut. I have taught everything from Business English for Russian oil executives to Academic English for Afghani high school students. I currently do free lance materials writing and work as a part-time nanny/live-in chef to my son. I particularly enjoy discussion lessons, student led activities, and teaching grammar for communication and not as a set of dry rules! This site is mainly where I share my lesson plans and activity ideas to try to help other teachers. Feel free to use anything here, but just don't put them up on your site or pass them off as your own, please.
- Guide Students Through a Sample Problem Solution Essay
- Process Essay
- Leading Questions to Get Opposing Arguments and Rebuttals
- Only Like This Do I Teach Negative Inversion
- Practice TOEFL Worksheets
- Sentence Auctions
- Compare and Contrast Signal Words